About the company
Solar4Schools is a company that aims to make solar energy affordable for schools in developing countries and build solar systems that meet their needs. Our solution includes an innovative payment approach that allows schools to self-finance solar and even generate additional income to sustain in the long run.
We are looking for an electronic technician to set up, maintain and repair electronic systems and devices. You will test system performance, analyse and report the results.
This role requires hands-on experience using various hand and power tools to calibrate and align system components and circuitry. To succeed in this position, you should also be able to comprehend and follow complex technical manuals.
Roles and Responsibility
Your tasks include the following:
- Set up electronic systems and devices (solar system and micro controller)
- Assemble and connect system components (e.g. cables)
- Build prototype models based on technical guidelines
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Estimate damage and calculate the cost of materials
- Test system functionality and analyse data (power usability)
- Repair malfunctions in circuitry and other system structures (maintenance)
- Read and comprehend manuals and diagrams
- Update reports and maintain inventory
- Research on new technologies
- Collaborate with engineers and other team members
- Use various tools to build and repair systems (e.g. drilling)
These are some of the requirements and experiences we expect you to have:
- An associate’s degree or apprenticeship as an electronic technician with certification in engineering or electronics is mandatory.
- Previous hands-on experience with electronic testing, technician, MS Office and diagnostic software (e.g. PC-based) or similar role is an add-on.
Please note that this position is based in Kenya.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application, containing CV and cover letter, as soon as possible and no later than 30th April 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Feel free to contact us for more information.
We are Solar4Schools and our goal is to make clean and reliable energy affordable for schools in Kenya and beyond.