About the company
Solar4Schools is a company that aims to make solar energy affordable for schools in developing countries and build solar systems that meet their needs. Our solution includes an innovative payment approach that allows schools to self-finance solar and even generate additional income to sustain in the long run.
Currently we are looking for a back-end developer with automation and M-Pesa API integration to join our IT team. As a back-end developer, you will be responsible for the server-side web application logic, automation programming as well as for the integration of the front-end part.
Your tasks include the following:
- M-pesa integration to company database
- Tracking and automation coding of the station usability
- Main Focus on coding and debugging
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Provide training, help and support to other team members (frontend)
- To write reusable code that can be used in the future
- Support / develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Conduct tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, front end developer and system
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- These are the requirements and experiences we expect you to have:
These are the requirements and experiences we expect you to have:
- Degree (both bachelors and masters) in relevant field
- Experience with backend development, M-pesa integration and automation will be considered as an advantage.
Please note that this position is based in Kenya.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application, containing CV and cover letter, as soon as possible and no later than 25th April 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Feel free to contact us for more information.
We are Solar4Schools and our goal is to make clean and reliable energy affordable for schools in Kenya and beyond.